Welcome to OCCP
The Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy is a chapter of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Our vision is to advance the common interests of clinical pharmacists to enhance patient care.
The purposes of this organization shall be to:
- promote the rational use of medications in society;
- advance the principles and practice of clinical pharmacy in the state of Ohio;
- promote the full time,advanced practice of clinical pharmacy;
- encourage and communicate state-of-the-art research in clinical pharmacy;
- provide an advanced level of continuing education programs in the area of clinical pharmacy;
- provide a forum for the expression of opinions on pharmacy practice, education and research from the perspective of clinical pharmacists; and
- support, promote and advance the goals and objectives of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy as outlined in its Constitution and Bylaws
- provide a local recruiting base for ACCP
The Ohio Student Chapters of ACCP (SCCP) are hosting the first Ohio SCCP journal club on Tuesday, February 7, at 6pm via a YouTube Live Stream!
To participate in the questions portion of the presentation, you must have a Youtube channel. Creating a channel is simple but without a channel, you will be unable to join the chat.
Please check out the OCCP website on February 7 for the link to the event!
The fifth annual Ohio Pharmacy Residency Conference (OPRC) will be held Friday, May 19, 2017 on the campus of Ohio Northern University. Early bird registration (received by 3/31/17) for preceptors and residents is $100. More information regarding the conference and registration can be found at www.ohioprc.com. If you have any questions feel free to email OPRC@onu.edu.
The resident presentation schedule is now posted on the Fall meeting materials webpage.
The fall meeting will be Friday, November 18th, at the Cleveland Airport Marriott. We will be returning to resident oral abstract presentations for this meeting. Information on abstract submission deadlines and registration rates are available at the meeting page.
Registration is now open for the Ohio Ambulatory Care Summit! The event is Friday, August 26, at Mount Carmel West in Columbus, Ohio.
There will be 6.25 hours of ACPE approved continuing education, including 1 hour of pharmacy law.
Additional details and registration is available here.
Consider submitting a Clinical Pearl or New Drug Update for the Fall 2016 Newsletter. Resident and student submissions co-authored by a preceptor are welcome! All articles have a 500 word limit (excluding references) and will be informally peer-reviewed for content and relevance.
Please email all submissions to Maya Wai (email@example.com) by September 1, 2016.
The Ohio Pharmacy Residency Conference is scheduled to take place on May 13th, 2016 at Ohio Northern University. Early bird registration is $100 and is due by April 1st, 2016 (online registration available soon). New this year: presentations will be organized in tracks to help you find the info that matters to you most! For more info, contact Mike Rush.
The OCCP Fall meeting is quickly approaching. Are you interested in speaking at the Fall meeting? Complete this short survey to give OCCP an idea of your suggested topic, learning objectives and expertise. As a "thank you" from us, those selected to speak at the meeting will receive 1 free year of membership dues and free registration for the Fall Meeting.